LAS VEGAS – The Nevada State Athletic Commission today voted unanimously to grant Jon Jones a one-fight conditional license to compete at UFC 235, clearing the way for the light heavyweight champ’s fight against Anthony Smith.

As a condition of his licensure, Jones must submit and pay for additional drug testing by the NSAC over the next 40 days. The commission then will meet in February to determine more drug testing to be carried out by three agencies: UFC anti-doping partner U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), the Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency (VADA) and the NSAC, which will continue for all of 2019.

NSAC Chairman Anthony Marnell warned Jones that discontinuing the tests prior to the close of 2019, “you’re probably not going to get another license here,” he said today during a hearing in Las Vegas.

A key part of all additional testing, Marnell said, is that NSAC must immediate receive the results as soon as they are available. The commission resolved to expedite all test results to avoid any last-minute surprises.

“If he’s fighting in Russia, I want those test results,” Marnell said.

UFC 235 takes place March 2 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The event’s main card airs live on pay-per-view following prelims on ESPN+.

Jones did not take questions from the media following the hearing, but did give a statement:

“Thank you so much to USADA, thank you to the Nevada State Athletic Commission, my team, the UFC, mainly the fans and everyone for sticking by me throughout this process allowing me to say my piece, allowing me to go through this process and eventually proving my innocence. I’m super grateful to be back fighting in Nevada. I’m excited for March 2. It’s going to be a magnificent event and I’m just really looking forward to all the testing, looking forward to getting back in front of the fans and just putting on great fights.”

ESPN+ Free Trial!

For more on UFC 235, check out the UFC Rumors section of the site.